Friday 16 May 2008

Can I become a tennis coach?

So I'm looking to get qualified as a tennis coach because I love the sport and I need a little extra money. It's also something I'm considering moving into at some date.

The problem is that at this point I haven't got qualified. I have a degree in PE, sports science and management from Loughborough Uni. I learned some kick ass things there and I focused on tennis in all my practical areas so there's a lot I have been taught. Problem is it was a while ago and I didnt follow it up in the accreditation side. Shame.

Anyways I've been playing for a long time now and I've definitely learnt a lot about training others. I've taught my wife to drive for example even though I'm not a driving instructor. She passed first time so I'm pretty darn proud. I've taught a bunch of my friends to play tennis I just need to take the next step.

So I've read a lot about the RPT program of tennis instructor courses. They're supposed to be very progressive but don't break the budget. I checked out http://www.rpteurope.com/markofapro.htm . It's more than I can afford at the mo but it's a target to achieve. It's inspiring to be thinking of getting into sports again, I loved working in a gym when I was at uni. It's great helping people.

No comments: