Tuesday 27 May 2008

The Molecular Basis of Insulin Resistance

In answering a forum post on insulin sensitivity I found this article http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/424945.

Phew. I've just got through reading it. Very interesting if you're a bit geeky on this subject like me. I don't know the actual date the article was published but it reviews a bunch of research studies which are all dated 1999 so it's around 9 years old at a guess. Worth knowing sicne it means it's not too old but this is a relatively new area or research so a lot has been learned since.

Anyway what it does do is confirm that at that point research was uncovering a link between the GLUT 4 glucose transporter and insulin resistance. I've talked about this in previous posts. I just wanted to show some of the evidence that I've come across.

Learn more about reversing insulin resistance

No comments: