Monday 19 May 2008

Secrets of success in 8 words, 3 minutes

I took these notes from the TED lecture given by Richard St. John at

http://www.ted.com/index.php/talks/view/id/70

I have to say that when I look back I can say that each success that I've had owes a lot to the things Richard talks about. He put's it so clearly and precisely I just had to note it for reference here.

8 secrets of success:
  1. Passion: Do it for love not money
  2. Work: Nothing comes easy but I have a lot of fun. Work a frolics
  3. Focus: Focus on one thing
  4. Persist: Through failure, CRAP:
    • (C)riticism
    • (R)ejection
    • (A)ssholes
    • (P)ressure
  5. Ideas: Have a great idea
  6. Good: Be good at it
  7. Push: Physically, mentally, address fears. It's not always easy.
  8. Serve: Make it a privelege e.g. It was a privilege to be a doctor
Adopt these habits:
  • Listen
  • Observe
  • Be Curious
  • Ask questions
  • Solve problems
  • Make Connections

No comments: