Monday 28 September 2009

Getting all wavey

I'm totally fascinated and excited with the upcoming Google Wave product. I've been hearing a lot about it since I'm now listening to the TWIG podcasts. So I had a quick google and found out a bunch. Thougth I'd start a post I can update as I go along.

From the home page there's now a youtube video. Amazing.


Then found out there's a waveprotocol that underpins it all. that's key as far as I can tell because if it becomes a protocol then much like mail works at the moment then wave can work even when some of your servers go down. It becomes fault tolerant. Or at least that's how I'm understanding it.

It's also based on Google Web toolkit (GWT) which is something I want to tru out. Every day I  seem to find another reason to use it and something it can do. So i want to see if it can deliver on its promises.

No comments: