Friday 6 November 2009

Sometimes I get the bus to work. I wish I could find a way to make it a little cheaper if I used it more and more flexible so I could easily chop and change buses.

I only use it 2-3 times a week so not much. You can get things a little cheaper by paying in advance and getting a free card but then you've got to use it a lot.

It occurs to me that the bus companies are missing a trick. Why can't I buy a card that logs the trips I use. Then they could run promotions where I get my next ride free if. Take 4 trips in a week. Or a take two trips get the third half price. You get the idea.

We see these offers in business all the time so they must work. We see lots of initiatives to encourage sales but I've never seen one on the buses.

Must be a different mindset in the people that run them I suppose. Shame. I think this wouldn't be that hard to implement in this day and age and would encourage use of public transport.

No comments: